The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How are they doing this?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #43001

    I’ve been seeing this around the web for a while now, and I love it and want to use this technique.. it seems like there is multiple backgrounds where as some are fixed and others are scrollable? I’m not sure. Check out the site [](”), perfect example of what I’m talking about. Does anyone know what its called, or can point me towards a tutorial or demo for it?
    Sorry I’m horrible at describing this :P


    That is interesting. I had never heard of Parallax Scrolling. I will have to learn more about it. When I look at the site I just thought it had one background image that is fixed (the stars) and then the following divs had their own background images which scrolled as you move through the website.


    In a basic parallax there can be any number of layered divs scrolling at different speeds, essentially.
    You can also apply transforms to objects.

    See skrollr on github :

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.