Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS hover image solution

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dynamyc

I have this markup:

And for each thumbnail I have an hover image (see the thumbnail images here )

Normal image is the grayscale and hovered is the colored image. My question is how to add the hover image markup properly because I have something like 40 images in my gallery? Thanks!

I have already some jquery on the site because I use lightbox and a custom thumbnail scroller, so I’m wondering which is the best solution for adding the hover image.
    Thanks!

Cwapface
    Participant
    chrisburton
    Participant

I didn’t read the article, just skimmed and it seems as if that is a sprite technique. The file size for 80 images (40 normal and 40 hover) would be way too excessive. I haven’t seen the full site but as a design standpoint just looking at the graphic, I would try something different.

dynamyc

I could try to put the colored image first and then to add a javascript greyscale effect but the design will be changed…
    I know is too much for the loading time but I was hoping for an appropiate javascript/jquery solution for this situation…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.