Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Horizontal Swipe Scrolling With Variable Width Container

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My javascript knowledge is very poor. I was hoping someone could give me a few pointers with the implementation of this (preferable jQuery-less if possible).

I am making a personal planner as a component of a web app. I want it to have two views – one (the initial view) which is a horizontal (scrollable) list, starting on today’s date, and the second which is the month-by-month view.

I am using the same markup for each of these, so the only difference is the overall class name. See http://cdpn.io/cxuaA. I’ve swapped out the icon font for the buttons (now X and O), but the meaning should be clear.

I’ve hunted down info on carousels, and understand the concept of having a container (overflow hidden) equal to the width of all the containing elements that I then change the position of. Currently I just set the container with all the days in to a width larger than will ever be needed, but I understand how I could use javascript to set the width (it’s just multiplication).

What I don’t understand is how to use touch input to move it. Could someone tell me, or point me to some documentation for, the events I can attach listeners to?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.