Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Horizontal drag scrolling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Shikkediel
    Participant

I see you like football, haha. Let me read up a bit and check if there aren’t too many edge cases (laptops for example)…

mozilla.org/detecting-touch

grimski
    Participant

I’m a Newcastle United fan so ‘Endurer’ is probably a better word haha!

I’m going to update the CSS so the page displays as it should on mobile/tablet/touch devices using the article you linked to. Then hopefully look at setting the different container widths with conditional JavaScript.

Shikkediel
    Participant

The reverse approach, checking for specific support, is probably a better approach now that I’ve thought a bit about it :

http://stackoverflow.com/a/10862077/3168107

Shikkediel
    Participant

Have a look if this does the trick…

codepen.io/anon/pen/XbwNJw

Tweaked resizing as well. It now realigns the draggable once on the left, 50ms after the final event has finished.

Edit – here’s a variation that keeps the center in place :

codepen.io/anon/pen/oXRZYO

kelly
    Participant

@shikkediel, just finished reading this thread, curious if you ever coded the infinite scrolling feature you talked about in the previous page.

Or how could I go about trying to implement something like that?

Shikkediel
    Participant

Never did take the final step on that one…

But I guess it would be a matter of putting the content in the row three times, then using .append() or .prepend() depending on towards which side the middle part is leaving the screen. A position adjustment would probably be necessary there as well.

I’m not really about to dive in again but may have a look at it later.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.