Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Horizontal alignment … again !

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dalecooper

Hi oh !

I have issues with an horizontal alignment which works only with safari. I really tired because there’s always a new thing to learn to make things compatible ^^

So here is the webpage and, of course, the element that causes issues is the .navigation class, the links at the bottom. They are misplaced to the left, and I can’t find the cause !! Grrrr :P

Any idea ?

Paulie_D

Frankly, I think you have bigger problems…the site is seriously borked in IE9 & FF

dalecooper

Yes I see that ^^

Do you have an idea on how to improve this ? I’ll work on this in the meantime, but I’d truely appreciate a little help with ie and ff rendering!!

dagash
    Participant

what is your problems …? i see all texts is centered …

do you want to align it to the left ..

dagash
    Participant

firstly … why you using tables ….?? !!!

you can simply using a container ( div ) instead of cells of tables ,,,

and also you can make it a appear correctly in FF and IE6,7,8,9 also others browser ..

try to add :

text-align: left;

to some ( td )

td {
    font-weight: normal;
    text-align: left;
    }

and see if its enough or not

dalecooper

In the content, yes, it is centered. But the navigation links at the bottom isn’t ^^

Ok, I’ll try without tables then, but I found it easier to make the layout I wanted :/

EDIT: I tried w/o tables for the first “page” and I can’t find a way to put the pic to the right… Arf, I’m truely beginner in html, and have so much to learn, even though I’m a quick learner ^^

EDIT2: I found a way :P

dagash
    Participant

you can using a (float) or (position) properties to put the image where u want …

check these :

All About Floats

position properties

dalecooper

Thanks, I manage to do it with float :)

Now I still have an issue with my links at the bottom ^^

dagash
    Participant

what about it … ?
    what do you want exactly to do with it …?

dalecooper

It’s ok, they are ok now. I used absolute values and parent background to have them aligned with the wooden box.

Thanks for your time and advices :)

dalecooper

Ok, so this thread is still not solved, or at least in part!

This is still this annoying (really!) Internet Explorer (still v. <= 8, the most used), that won't adjust the margins of my menu at the bottom. In all browsers the menu is centered inside the wooden box, but in this bloody IE!!! So, if someone is old wolf enough to know how to adjust that, he’s welcome :D

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.