Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Home page with multi brand support

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jas..
    Participant

Hello,

I have task to build a home page that supports the theme for our clients therefore when the home page is displayed it has to use brand specific skin. I have the plan of storing CSS artifacts in mongoDb and fetching them by REST service on the basis of domain of the user.
    Wanted to have suggestions on any easier and contemporary solution to implement this.
    Thanks

Alen
    Participant

I have the plan of storing CSS artifacts in mongoDb

Not sure what you mean by artifacts. I would, based on user, send unique identifier within my code then just hook into it by CSS. Would not query a database for this.

fetching them by REST service on the basis of domain of the user

You might be confused as to what REST actually is, or I might be totally misunderstanding the question.

Can you expand on what you’re trying to do? What platform are you using? Any extra info is beneficial so we can respond appropriately.

jas..
    Participant

Hi Alen
    I appreciate you response.
    Our Team is developing a login Page for an authentication UI. This login page will be accesed by multiple clients and their business units. Saying this, If we consider an example of an Organization A , it will have its own CSS requirements plus its n business units will have n CSS requirements. Now, we have many clients like this who wish to have personalised pages. So we are planning to save CSS templates in a NOSQL db like mongo db and fetch CSS elements like backColour, Logo etc each time the user issues a GET request for our authenticationUI.
    So, I have the constraint of storing multiple CSS elements(artifacts) and rendering them dynamically based on domain parameter recieved thats why we thought this would require implementation of the CRUD operation for elements for new and existing clients.
    This is a java based project and we will be integrating services using Camel server.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.