Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Home page name in the NAV BAR …

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nathan05

I would imagine its possible to do … but not sure how …

I would like to change the default link “HOME” to read by default “ABOUT” … if possible …

chrisburton
    Participant
    nathan05

before I asked this question I tried looking inside the editor that is located in the appearance tab … I looked in the header, functions and page templates … I kept seeing this though … wp_nav_menu … im just not seeing where to replace/add the About

nathan05

sorry that was supposed to read

About
    WouterJ

Ah, you are using WordPress.

The template used WordPress: wp_nav_menu. So the Menu Feature is set on.

In your WP-admin panel under appereance > Menus you can edit your menu items. You can add items, delete items, replace items and change the name of the items.

nathan05

I am in WP now … I have my actual live site … and a site running on xampp so I can try stuff there first … then replicate it on the live site … I was wondering about where in the code I could make the change to which ChristopherBurton referenced …

I will try it through the menu “custom menu setup” … although I dont see anywhere to delete the “home” link …

SgtLegend

In your WordPress menu manager are there any menus connected with your current theme? If not simply create a new menu and then on the left side of the page from the drop down select the new menu as the header menu.

Once selected the menu should be blank so you can then add your own links for pages of your choice.

nathan05

Thanks SgtLegend … that is what I needed …

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.