Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Hoefler & Co. cloud.typography assistance – fonts not displaying correctly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ramona
    Participant

Hi all,

This is a real long shot, but I saw an old post by Chris Burton (@ChrisBurton?) mentioning Hoefler & Co. webfonts.

I have a client who wants to use them on their wordpress website. I’m using Beaver Builder Theme, Themer, and plugin. I’ve finally gotten them to start displaying on the dev server, but they’re really wonky. cloud’s support isn’t so responsive, so I thought I’d reach out here in a last ditch effort.

I’ve attached a screenshot of how Tungsten Light is showing up. Thanks for any help, suggestions or points in the right direction to solve this. https://www.screencast.com/t/44DC1Rzw1a

Anonymous
    Inactive

It looks like certain characters are displayed in a different font. Two questions spring to mind:

• Are they marked up differently in the HTML?
    • Is there any possibility that you are using a font file that does not include every latin character?
    Ramona
    Participant

Hi BenWalker,

I finally got it sorted out. What Hoefler & Co. does is place half the fonts in one file and the other half in another file. You have to display their declarations exactly as they prescribe. See below:

font-family: “Forza A”, “Forza B”;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: 400;

I had the Forz A and Forza B separated into 2 different declarations.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.