Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Highlight Table Row Class on Separate Click

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    webryan
    Participant

I’m creating an availability calendar for a mock resort. The idea is that the resort has cabins numbered 0 – 7 and each cabin can be reserved from Saturday afternoon one week and checkout Saturday morning the following week. I want the default setting to be unavailable with the table row background being a light shade of red. I’m trying to figure out how to set up the code to have a clicked/active “Cabin 1” button show all of the table rows in which Cabin 1 was available. Then the same with the other Cabins.

So I figured that I’d have a css class “unavailable” [bg-color: red] as the first class then add “c0 c1 c2 c3, etc” [bg-color: green] as classes to override to the unavailable class with the green background.

In the example below I have the table row ID=”may18-may25″ which should highlight green when Cabin1 (c1) Cabin2 (c2) or Cabin3 (c3) are clicked, but when every other button is clicked it shows the class=”unavailable” red background.

I am clueless with javascript and can understand a little bit when reading it, but can’t write a lick. If there is a pure css way to do this, I’d much rather do that, but this seems to be a method for only javascript.

Week Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
    May 18th – May 25th May
    May
    May
    May
    May
    May
    May
    May
    May 25th – June 1st May
    May
    May
    May
    May
    May
    May
    June
    Beverleyh
    Participant

Can you mock us up a working demo in CodePen so that we are more easily able to see how you’re working? It’s hard to decipher a description.

Paulie_D

Clicks require javascript., especially if you want the effect to persist from one session to another.

webryan
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.