Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Hide Divs until Page Loads

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    brrutzo

Hello,

After seeing Chris’s video on using jQuery (great job BTW), I am using the jquery plugin fadein effect. It is a pretty cool effect for using tabs and can be found here http://stilbuero.de/jquery/tabs_3/. Everything works well. The only catch is that my page is pretty hefty due to the content of the tabs and takes a few seconds to load. While the page is loading users see all content without being listed in nice and neat tabs. So my question is: Is there a way to not load sayTabs 2-5, until Tab 1 is loaded? Essentially hide the Divs until the div before it has been loaded? This would allow my users to at least view tab 1 looking as it should. Then hopefully before they move on to next tab, those would have loaded in the background already.

I know that jQuery’s opening argument is based off of "when the DOM is ready..", and I believe that is how all JS works. So I think that would rule out jQuery as a solution. Is this something that can be done with a combo CSS/ PHP? If so, how?

I really appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you,
    John

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.