Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Hey Chris, how did you…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ThinkSoJoE

I have learned a lot from this site since I discovered it a couple weeks ago, and actually re-designed my band web page (in beta form right now at http://testingground.fropac.com/wordpress) by following along with your PSD to CSS screencasts and tweaking some things along the way. One thing that’s really stumped me though is, how did you get css-tricks to work so that the "ARTICLES" tab is in the "on" state when you get here? I used the following code in header.php to get the other tabs to work in the "on" state:

Code:
    ThinkSoJoE

Actually, I hacked a solution using the All in One SEO Pack plugin. Works great now!

ThinkSoJoE

works great but fails validation…

ThinkSoJoE

that makes sense. Thanks Chris, and keep up the awesome work!

ThinkSoJoE

Here’s an update for anybody that reads this who ran into the problem I did and wants to keep all their pages in WordPress. I managed to get it to validate and work properly at the slight expense of my SEO-friendly permalinks. If you leave your WordPress permalink structure on "default," the following code will help differentiate the pages for your tabs to work properly:

Code:

Code:
    ‘;
    } else {
    echo ‘‘;
    }
    ?>

ends up giving me the "home" body tag right, but shows the other tags as (for example) bio<body id="">.

I’d imagine you could expand on it and do something using if/else statements to use it with the SEO-optimized permalinks, but until I decide to not be lazy anymore and actually work on it, this is going to have to do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.