Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help ! Yikes ! CSS3 PIE Usage With WordPress ( Is there another way? )

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    MartyBoi
    Participant

Hello, and thank you for checking out my Thread/Post….

I am having a major headache trying to figure out how to properly use the CSS3 PIE with the WordPress Theme I am designing. And honestly, I am not to sure if it’s even a great fix all….

What I am doing is, creating an HTML5 and mostly CSS3 WordPress Theme. And I have used the CSS3 Leaner Gradient to create a Background for the ‘ body ‘ of the WordPress Theme. Just one problem, IE9 IE8 and IE7. I knew I would run into this problem, I just never knew how tough it would be to deal with this issue….

So, I am hoping someone can help me out here and give me some suggestions on how to tackle the IE problem. Also, is CSS3 PIE really the way to go?

Thank you….

Here is my current CSS Style Sheet

body {
    background: #050505;
    background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left center, right center, color-stop(.3, rgba(155, 0, 0, .1)), color-stop(.3, transparent), to(transparent));
    background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( left, rgba(155, 0, 0, .1) 20%, transparent 20%, transparent);
    background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( left, rgba(155, 0, 0, .1) 20%, transparent 20%, transparent);
    background-image: -o-linear-gradient( left, rgba(155, 0, 0, .1) 20%, transparent 20%, transparent);
    background-image: linear-gradient( left, rgba(155, 0, 0, .1) 20%, transparent 20%, transparent);
    -pie-background: linear-gradient( left, rgba(255,0, 0, .1) 20%, transparent 20%, transparent);
    -webkit-background-size: 3px 3px;
    -moz-background-size: 3px 3px;
    background-size: 3px 3px;

This is what I hope to achieve with either CSS3 PIE or some other method….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.