Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Help with WordPress as a CMS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dpierron

I’m having trouble wrapping my head around the way I want to setup a web site using WP, hoping someone can talk me through it simple-like?

I will have multiple VENUE pages and for each VENUE I will have individual DINING, ENTERTAINMENT, SHOPPING pages.

I understand how I could get the related pages to the VENUE by using get all children but I am confused of the following;
    How to get all DINING pages for instance?

Can this be accomplished using vanilla WP or do I have to create a template for each different page?

This will eventually go into the hands of the end user, so I don’t want something too confusing and for me, it’s already confusing me how to get started …

Thanks for any help!

jacorre
    Participant

Are you saying you’re going to create a parent page for each venue. Then for each venue, there will be subpages for dining, entertainment, and shopping. Your question is then how do you loop through and find all dining subpages in order to display them all?

dpierron

Yes.

PhotoWebMax

I cant think of how to do this with WP but it sounds very doable with MODx. MODx is a very flexible CMS worth checking out.

dpierron

I did this:

$pages = get_pages();

if ($pages) {
    $pageids = array();
    foreach ($pages as $page) {
    if( strstr($page->post_name, 'dining') ) {
    // HARD CODED ROOT DINING PAGE ID HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if($page->ID != 162) $pageids[]= $page->ID;
    }
    }

$args = implode(",", $pageids);
    wp_list_pages("include=$args&title_li=");
    }
    ?>

I’ll run a strstr on each sub page for the main menu navigation, but this was the main page. I don’t like hard coding the page ID though …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.