Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help with what I think is a css issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    torturebori

Hello all, so I am very new to css and html…But I am working on a site that i got a template for. And i have it working in chrome, firefox, but when it comes to Internet explorer, it goes to the dumps.

Now I also went to validate it and got some errors….thats bad I know. but I want to get it working first then fix those.

Heres the link

http://www.awcmilwaukee.com

Please if you can help me that would be great

standuncan

You’re using HTML5 tags while not using the HTML5 doctype.

At the top of your template, you should replace this:

with this:

As far as not appearing the same in IE, it’s just because your template is not backwards compatible the proper way.

torturebori

Ok. Got that. How can I make it backwards compatible?

standuncan

He’s using he google shiv, the template was just built using some CSS3 gradients with no images as fallbacks for IE, so they fallback to solid flat ugly colors.

torturebori

So how can I fix that. I dont mind being redirected to a page I can read, I mos def dont want the easy way out. Since I want to learn.

So I will do some searching for IE fallbacks.

Thanks guys.

Mottie

It might be better to start from a thoroughly tested template like HTML5 Boilerplate. It includes Modernizr, necessary shims and other best practices. Check it out!

torturebori

So Mottie, then Will I just have to modify it like I did the other one? There just seem to be a lot of info there that its confusing me…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.