Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Help with using two different font weights served by Google

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    damian5000
    Participant

I would like to use Open Sans 600 and standard Open Sans…

–Loading 400 (standard) via Google and setting font weight to 600 is nowhere near the same as loading Open Sans 600.

–So, I load both 600 and 400. Chrome handles it properly when loading and calling both (600;400), but it becomes a mess in Firefox.

–So I decided to rename 600 and serve it from my own server. This works great with Firefox, but Chrome doesn’t load it.

What is the solution here?

nixnerd
    Participant

How are you adding them to your site? Head link? @import? JS? Please paste that here.

damian5000
    Participant
    @font-face {
    font-family: os600;
    src: url(http://www.mysite.com/forum/fonts/OpenSans-Bold.ttf);
    }

This is how I’m currently doing it. It works fine on Firefox. On Google Chrome, it does not load. I have tried other computers as well.

nixnerd
    Participant

Yeah, @font-face is touchy. How were you doing it before? Were you putting a <link> tag in your <head>?

chrisburton
    Participant

Use the CSS <link> Google provides.

nixnerd
    Participant

Yup. +1 Chris. I’ve never had a problem with it.

nixnerd
    Participant

My apologies @damian5000… Hey @chrisburton, this guy is right. There’s something weird going on. When I load with the link tag, fonts show up in Firefox but not in Chromium.

I’ll repost if I figure it out.

chrisburton
    Participant

@damian5000 @Joe_Temp

Weird that I’m not receiving alerts when people tag me. Anyway, I can’t reproduce the issue as it works fine for me in Chrome and Firefox (OS X Yosemite).

Screenshot: http://cl.ly/Wp1d

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.