Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Help with text alignment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    jatthey

Here’s the blog: http://thefreshstandard.tumblr.com

I made the comment count at the end of every post a larger font than the rest of the line. When I did that, the alignment went wacky, as you can see. How do I get the larger-font comment count to line up with the baseline of the rest of the text on that line (post time, tags)?

I only know very basic stuff with code, so some help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

chrisburton
    Participant

You need to set a line-height.

jatthey

How do I do that? (Sorry, like I said, I’m a beginner).

chrisburton
    Participant

Actually, what I would do is make the font smaller on “0 Comments”. It seems odd being that large paired with the others.

jatthey

I know what you mean. But I’m trying to make the comments stand out from the rest of the line more, so that the eye will be drawn to it—I’m going to make commenting a big part of the blog. Is there a better way to do that?

It definitely looks weird right now because of the alignment. So I want to at least try the line-height thing. How do I do that in html? Is that only CSS?

chrisburton
    Participant

Doing what you’re suggesting will just make it stand out because it doesn’t look right, not for the purpose you’re trying to achieve. But if that is what you want, try adding line-height to the meta class.

.meta li {line-height: 15px;}
    jatthey

Anything else you would suggest to make it stand out?

By the way @ChristopherBurton, thanks for helping me with both these questions.

jatthey

I made it colored instead of bigger, is that better?

chrisburton
    Participant

I think changing the color looks better.

jatthey

So do I. Thanks man

chrisburton
    Participant

I had my screen tinted so I think andy’s suggestion is correct in making the yellow of your site darker. However, I’m not sure I am a fan of the color palette you have chosen in general.

jatthey

Yeah, still working with the colors. I’ve never been sure of the yellow. You have any suggestions, let me know

chrisburton
    Participant

I love yellow in design but it has to fit the color palette.

jatthey

Got the palette from http://kuler.adobe.com/ (not that that makes it from a professional). What would you guys do with the rest of the colors?

jatthey

Changed it, what do you think?

Only problem is I can’t figure out how to change the hover color yet so it’s still yellow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.