Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS help with some css.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cybershot
    Participant

I have never come up to this before. So this will be my first time. I have a small icon floating left of a paragraph. My paragraph is also floating left. My problem is that I don’t want the text to wrap around the image underneath. I want it to be 35 pixels to the right of the image but I don’t want to put it in another div. I don’t want divitis. So the icon is in a span and the paragraph is in a p tag. Do you have a solution?

jamygolden

Welcome to the forums — It’s awesome, we’ve been getting quite a few first posters recently :)

If you have an image and paragraph float left, and the image is outside of the paragraph tag. Set <p> to overflow: hidden. The text won’t wrap around the image.

cybershot
    Participant

I am not new to the forums. I have actually been here since day one of css-tricks. I just haven’t been around because I have been in school and focusing on different things. I haven’t had any time to actually code anything. Now that I am done with classes, I am getting back to the code.

that did the trick. Thanks for the tip.

jamygolden

No problem, and my mistake, I guess I misunderstood your first sentence.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.