Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Help with Slideshow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can someone please tell me why this slideshow isn’t cycling the images? I know that some images are dead links, but 1-8.png are active. I’m new to slideshows and wanted to do this with CSS but no one seems to know how to do it with CSS so I’m taking the JS route. I need 5 or 6 slideshows on one page.

Thanks.

Paulie_D

@michael1961

It would be much easier on us if you could use Codepen to show us your HTML/CSS/JS rather than providing a link.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings Paulie,

I’m not sure how codepen will suddenly give people ideas. It seems there’s a general lack of knowing how slideshows work. Of the many questions asked by others on here, I notice most have gone unanswered, or weren’t resolved.

Anyway, I’ve created a pen, but issues showing on a real page don’t replicate in codepen. For example, the JS starting with var step=1; is in the body portion of the page and will not work if put into the head section. This only adds to my confusion.

Best Regards.

Paulie_D

I’m not sure how codepen will suddenly give people ideas.

It doesn’t give us ideas, it allows us to review the HTML/CSS & JS to spot any obvious issues without having to use Developer Tools to look through a linked site element by element or line by line of code.

It also allows us to take a copy to tinker with on our own to test any ideas before coming back to you.

Paulie_D

It seems there’s a general lack of knowing how slideshows work. Of the many questions asked by others on here, I notice most have gone unanswered, or weren’t resolved.

There’s a wealth of knowledge but not all sliders are the same.

Just do a seach for ‘Image slider’ and see how many plug-ins and CSS options there are. It’s a wide area to cover and some issues are individual to specific sliders and implementations.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It doesn’t give us ideas, it allows us to review the HTML/CSS & JS to spot any obvious issues without having to use Developer Tools to look through a linked site element by element or line by line of code.

It also allows us to take a copy to tinker with on our own to test any ideas before coming back to you.

Great, then I anxiously await a reply to the Codepen I posted and get pointed in the right direction on this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.