Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help with Masking?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bf21789
    Participant

Howdy!

I feel like this is totally do-able with CSS but I’m having the hardest time getting it to work and I’m not quite sure what is the *best* direction to go in, in terms of CSS/HTML etc.

Basically I am going to have a page that is a huge PNG image (the mask) and then a VERY large background, behind it, that can scroll. I’m basically trying to achieve the same effect as this: http://lostworldsfairs.com/atlantis/

Are there any tutorials on this? I appreciate any and all help immensely!

soap
    Participant

You said it yourself. Background image that scrolls. div with background of your huge image, etc

chrisburton
    Participant

Did you even view the source of the website to see how HE achieved it?

davidlab.be
    Participant

Chris is right…always check the source. Also keep in mind when it comes to design are you trying to show off or display solid content for the end user that is easily displayed and find. That site may seem cool at first, but it is design fluff in every way. If that is what you want then by all means go for it, but keep the end user in mind when they are using the site. End users come and remember a site based on content in a well designed layout. Most fluff sites will get the “thats cool” and then soon forgotten. Solid sites with content and well designed will get the “thats cool” and go back because the content was …that cool.
    So check the source because the source knows all.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.