Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Help with EZ Publish and Content Slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GxCori

Hello all,

This may seem like a stupid question and the answer may be obvious but I’m desperate for help at this point. I was looking over the content slider and was actually sent here by the guys over at EZ Publish saying the tutorials here were great. However I’m not able to find where to place the script in the code. Most every tutorial I come across says to insert the jQuery part of the script in between the header tags on your index.html page. EZ Publish does not have this page. So where do I put it?

Is there a tutorial that explains how to do it when you have only an index.php page? HELP, I’ve been on this for going on 3 days now. Would appreciate ANY help or guidance and please be as simple as possible. I don’t need it explained WHY it works just how to make it work. The more technical you get the less I’m likely to understand what you’re talking about.

Thanks in advance,
    C

TheDoc

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I’m not particularly well versed in EZ Publish (actually, I have literally no knowledge of it, sorry!), so I’m just guessing here.

There should always be a template available somewhere. Regardless of how user-friendly/easy it is, there has to be a place for somebody to be able to change the design/layout. That place will be where your templates are.

Your first step is finding those files!

(Btw, I deleted your post in the PHP section, you only need one)

GxCori

Hi Chris!

Yes!! There are templated files and I know where they are, is THAT where I would put this script? I hope so, I’m running out of hair to tear out. Luckily mohawks are IN this year for women.

TheDoc

I am not Chris, just one of his loyal servants haha.

The templates are definitely where you’ll need to be putting in the script, though it really depends on exactly what the script is.

Is the script in its own file? Something like fancy-content-slider.js? Or do you just have a block of code that you’re inserting into a template?

If it’s the former, hopefully you have a "header" PHP file (template) that you can simply add a link to the js. If it’s the latter, it might be a bit more tricky. Are you only wanting to add this to your main index page?

GxCori
    "TheDoc" wrote:
    I am not Chris, just one of his loyal servants haha.

The templates are definitely where you’ll need to be putting in the script, though it really depends on exactly what the script is.

Is the script in its own file? Something like fancy-content-slider.js? Or do you just have a block of code that you’re inserting into a template?

If it’s the former, hopefully you have a "header" PHP file (template) that you can simply add a link to the js. If it’s the latter, it might be a bit more tricky. Are you only wanting to add this to your main index page?

I’m following the tutorial here on this site for a content slider and it can be main index page or all of my main pages, I’ll do it either way, lol. Ok so I’m not so ambivalent, let’s start with just the main page.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.