Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help with CSS Navagation Bar?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Namone

Hey. So, here is my issue:

I am designing a website for an HOA. Mostly for experience, and for some money. I am working on the nav bar. I have links on this. The way I have it set up is I have a navagation bar logo (800 px in width) image that I made in photoshop; then with the links overlaid on top. So, as of now, I am eyeballing the centering of the links.

Is there any possible way to…attach the links to the image (centering them in the process)? I don’t really want to use Dreamweaver. I prefer Notepad++ and working with the raw code.

Thanks…I hope I was clear with my question. If not, ask, and I can clarify things.

NOTE: I am newer to CSS. But not HTML.

Namone.

Paulie_D

It sounds as though you have a single image for the navigation rather than individual images for each link. That’s really not the way to go in the vast majority of cases.

The more usual practise is to slice out a vertical section of the navbar, just a few pixels wide, and set that as a background image on the list item repeating horizontally.

You can then set the width of the list item to anything and it will always maintain the right background. Finally, you set the text alignment of the link to center and ‘Robert’s Your Father’s Brother”.

Namone

Alright, that seems to make more sense. Thanks for helping out a newb haha.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.