Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Help with a menu..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    skullcrusher

Hi guys, im with a problem at this site:

<link removed>

The problem is at the menu. i have made a dropmenu in the second item (O grupo), but when the cursor goes out of the main menu to submenu the "on hover" effect is disable. What i want to do is to maintain the "on hover" image active when the cursor is on the submenu.

How can i do that? Thank you!

Makeshift

hmm, nice site.

but I think this would call for some JavaScript or jQuery, but I’ve never encountered this problem before cause I’ve never tried this kind of menu before.

So, you might wanna ask in the JavaScript forums.

good luck, I hope you get what you’re looking for.

skullcrusher

Thank you makeshift.

Some admin can move the topic to the JavaScript forums please? – done!

skullcrusher

Anyone..? :)

akeenlabs
    Participant

Although pretty much anything (including this) could be achieved with JavaScript, I would actually recommend you don’t use JavaScript. I think the same thing can be achieved with CSS.

You ultimately want the navigation background shifted the entire time the main UL is in it’s "hover" state. So, instead of shifting the background position using "a#blah:hover", why not use "li:hover a#blah"; this should allow you to keep it active as the cursor moves off the anchor to the sub-items since the underlying li will still be hovered.

The only problem is that IE6 doesn’t recognize the hover state on anything but an anchor tag. Unfortunatley, last time I checked the only way to fake non-anchor hovers in IE was to actually use JavaScript :( If you prefer the JavaScript method, I can help with that too.

skullcrusher
    "akeenlabs" wrote:
    You ultimately want the navigation background shifted the entire time the main UL is in it’s "hover" state. So, instead of shifting the background position using "a#blah:hover", why not use "li:hover a#blah"; this should allow you to keep it active as the cursor moves off the anchor to the sub-items since the underlying li will still be hovered.

that really helped, dont know i didnt think in that solution! thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.