Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript help w/ jquery conflict

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jlknauff

I’m trying to get the jQuery lightbox plugin to work, but it seems to be conflicting with the jQuery for our dropdown menu…I looked at the scripts that both things need; the menu is using 1.3.2 and the lightbox seems to be using 1.2.3.

I assumed that the newer version would work for both things, but no dice. I can only get one or the other to work by removing one of the calls to the jQuery (1.3.2 or 1.2.3).

Here is one of the pages where the lightbox is used: http://www.wildfiremarketinggroup.com/our-logo-design/

Does anyone have an idea what I can do here?

BaylorRae

Try loading the lightbox.js plugin after jquery.js

jlknauff

No, that’s not it. There the jQuery lightbox uses jQuery 1.2.3, the menu uses jQuery 1.3.2 – that is the conflict. They don’t work together and I don’t know how eliminate the need for one of them.

BaylorRae

Hmm, something else is messing it up. I just downloaded the latest version of the light box and swapped the jQuery version 1.2.3 with the latest and it worked perfectly.

Try putting the lightbox-0.5.min.js script tag after the jquery script tag.

jlknauff

Hmm…odd. It seems to be working fine now, but everything seems to be the same as it was.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.