Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help needed with finishing touches of pure CSS disjointed rollover

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    deonholt
    Participant

Hi there.

Please check: http://gensettraders.co.za/index.php/link/link-4/link-4-2#

This is just a framework for my site.

The rollover and everything works, but I need to add two things: 1. I want the first image to display when the page loads. At the moment the placeholder for the other images is empty.

1. Is it possible to add some simple transition effect when the images themselves roll over?

Thank you very much so long.

Regards, Deon

Paulie_D
    1. I want the first image to display when the page loads.

What image would that be?

1. Is it possible to add some simple transition effect when the images themselves roll over?

What transition did you have in mind?

At the moment, I’m not sure you can transition bg images at all.

deonholt
    Participant

Hi there and thank you for your help.

1. By the 1st image, I mean the 1st image that appears when mouse-over the 1003G engine.

2. I don’t have a specific transition in mind. It can be any as long as it is simple and doesn’t take forever to change from the one to the other.

Sorry if it wasn’t clear.

Regards,
    Deon

Paulie_D

For the transition…I don’t think you can do anything with CSS. You’re swapping out one bg image for another and that’s just something that happens.

You could so something with JS/JQ if necessary.

Frankly,I’d be looking for a way to make the ‘buttons’ with pure CSS and not an image at all. Then there would be a lot of transition options.

For the first image to be there by default (auto-hover) I think you would need to have a JS/JQ solution again.

There may be other options but I’ll have to think.

deonholt
    Participant

Ok, thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

I do have one that works work JS & JQuery but cannot get it to work in Joomla!. You can check it out here:
    http://gensettraders.co.za/index.php/link/link-4/link-4-1

The buttons work but not the images on the left of the buttons.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.