Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help needed with CSS alignment on Chrome!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jatinh

getting this weird alignment problem with the thumbnails on the home page of the following website:
    http://colour-chair.de
    It looks perfect on firefox. Could someone lease help me out with this?

Paulie_D

Odd…If you remove

margin-top:100px !important;

from [.home . gallery] they line up but, of course, the whole page moves up,

CrocoDillon
    Participant

If i open the element inspector and remove `float: left;` from gallery items, then put it back, they also line up. Madness!

Paulie_D

Could it have something to do with the style section inside the page rather than in a stylesheet?

Can’t think why…but……

pixelgrid
    Participant

changing the float:left to display:inline-block to

.gallery-item {
    display: inline-block;
    }

seems to fix it for me

Paulie_D

>changing the float:left to display:inline-block to gallery-item { display: inline-block; } seems to fix it for me

That’s probably doing the same as removing and reapplying the float.

Block Formatting Context issue?

CrocoDillon
    Participant

If I set a height on the parent div of gallery items (any height works), they line up. If I remove the height, they bug again. My mind is puzzled. Not an expert on BFC so idk…

CrocoDillon
    Participant

I don’t know why but removing `clear: both;` from `.gallery` (line 505 of style.css) seems to fix it.

wolfcry911
    Participant

I’m pretty sure it’s because of the style element in the body – put it in the head without any other changes and it works.

jatinh

Some of the solutions presented above seem to work (although they don’t make a lot of sense and I am surprised that such a thing is happening on Chrome) .
    Testing if anything is broken in other browsers after making the changes. Will post an update.
    Big thanks to whoever helped.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.