Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Help needed to add PHP mailer to HTML5 and CSS3 website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Aidan Watt
    Participant

Hope someone out there can mother me through adding a server side mailer in PHP for my form. All I would like is the form I have designed to be sent to my email as a simple file that I can import to my database. The trial and error method I am currently using is too time consuming and/or am not learning quickly enough.

View form here http://jsfiddle.net/aidanwatt/sbgbb/

The names and make up of the form may need correcting before we go too far. I will then manage the information on a local Database rather than set up a server side database.

Thanks in advance – live Spain but am available anytime to suit

__
    Participant

A few things to clarify: Are you asking about PHPmailer specifically? If so, there are some good tutorials out there. If you’ve already tried and run into problems, then you need to explain those. The jsfiddle you posted seems to be nothing more than “all of my code dumped here.” When asking for help, it is a good idea to make a reduced test case – basically, you want to show us only the part of the code that demonstrates your problem (omitting the parts that don’t). This gets a better response, because people don’t have to sort through thousands of lines of code/markup just to figure out where to start from. If you don’t know where to start from, a safe bet is the html markup of the <form>.

__
    Participant

A few things to clarify:

Are you asking about PHPmailer specifically? If so, there are some good tutorials out there. If you’ve already tried and run into problems, then you need to explain those.

The jsfiddle you posted seems to be nothing more than “all of my code dumped here.” When asking for help, it is a good idea to make a reduced test case – basically, you want to show us only the part of the code that demonstrates your problem (omitting the parts that don’t). This gets a better response, because people don’t have to sort through thousands of lines of code/markup just to figure out where to start from.

If you don’t know where to start from, a safe bet is the html markup of the <form>.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.