I think this problem has something to do with the z-index but I am a bit of a beginner at CSS so it could be something else I don’t know.
Maybe it is my system. I made several changes as recommended to the position values and that could have made a difference too. I’ll try it on a couple more systems tonight. Unfortunately, my operating system is vista so I can never really trust it.
It’s not working in real older versions of IE (IE7/IE8/IE9 mode in IE10 works just fine).
Yup, that worked. It seems it is mostly my work computer that is having the problem. I tried it on several other platforms and it worked just fine. I changed the positioning to relative too so that might have helped.