Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Help me learn JS and JQ

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mathu

I am new to JS and JQ, guide me how learn.

Watson90

srs?

Paulie_D

I’m assume he’s looking for guidance on resources for learning Javascript & jQuery.

SgtLegend

If you learn jQuery then you will be learning JavaScript as that all jQuery is.

trollster

First do the JS course from Codecademy. Then refer other tutorials and sources for jQuery. One of them is thenewboston on YouTube.

redhornet
    Participant

Read some books or visit w3schools. First start with javaScript. If you want to learn something, read and write code, try to do some stuff and examine some examples, to see how it really work.

Watson90

I seem to be getting a ‘Error loading URL’ page when I’m visiting that website @andy_unleash.

Did you type it correctly ;)

Paulie_D

Link worked for me.

It’s ‘vocal’, but once it’s made made its point…there’s nothing there of any use.

@andy_unleash – This is a cracking link: https://tutsplus.com/lesson/hello-jquery/

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@mathu : I agree with @trollster, codeacademy has some really good learning tools. And as always, i strongly suggest learning javascript fundamentals before learning the ultra awesome jQuery. But that is the programmer side of me coming out, if you wanna be limited to just fancy little animations and junk then jump right into jQuery.

DeTodo

I’ve just began my JS journey.

Codeacademy.com is amazing.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@DeTodo : It’s very simplistic and they teach the very fundamentals at first. I always suggest codeacademy to everyone learning javascript, if reading books isn’t your thing ya know. I have fiddled with it a little and it was buggy when i wanted to do some kind of shortcuts etc, but i totally recommend it and i’m glad you’re enjoying it so far.

@joshuanhibbert
    : Have you ever read any O’Reilly books?

http://oreilly.com/ i’m pretty sure they have videos as well (not sure if they are free or not).

mathu

Thanks for everyone

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.