Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS help in getting thumbnail to match original pic instead of looking smudged

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pytho
    Participant

Hi. I’m new here. I have a site in Blogger and use a CSS laden template which I like a lot. (www.godyears.net)
    As you can see when you enter the site, the thumbnails for each individual post appear entirely smudged and blurred on the main page. It was not like this till a few weeks back – you could see the images properly back then.

I’ve tried tinkering with some CSS which I read online but have not been able to do anything to change the thumbs back to a neat image. Please would appreciate any assistance from you all.
    Thanks
    Dr Roshan

P.S. This is the area I was tinkering with which I believe has the error. i maybe wrong, of course.

a.thumbx{display:block;width:140px;height:140px;overflow:hidden;border-radius:9999px 0 9999px 9999px;float:left;margin-right:10px;border:1px solid #E4E4E4}
    a.thumbx img{display:block;width:100%;height:100%;border-radius:9999px 0 9999px 9999px}

blog-pager a{border:1px solid #DADADA;display:block;padding:5px 8px}

a.blog-pager-older-link{border-radius:0 99px 99px 50px}
    a.blog-pager-newer-link{border-radius:99px 0 50px 99px}

blog-pager a:hover{background:#F7FCFF}

@media only screen and (min-width:768px) and (max-width:989px){
    .post-body p{margin:5px 0 0;line-height:15px}
    }
    @media only screen and (max-width:767px){
    .post h2.post-title{font-size:140%;max-height:43px}
    .post-body{margin:0}
    .post-body p{margin:5px 0 0}
    }

Paulie_D

The linked images are all 120×2560 which is a very tall strip.

Is that right, I suspect not?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_M2M1x5O9ac/UgerH2w4w5I/AAAAAAAAEqo/fvgSWvRq-EM/w120-c/ruby+big+copy.jpg

pytho
    Participant

Not all are as big as that.. But yes, most are 800 x 600. But all the sizes are appearing with the same distortion in the ‘thumb’ versions. Is there any modification you can suggest so pictures in thumb format look normal?

They actually were appearing normal till 2 weeks ago. I dont know what happened. I didnt change any code around that time.

Paulie_D

Not all are as big as that.. But yes, most are 800 x 600.

Nope. Have you checked your images lately?

I suspect you may have edited some images (or a plug in has done it) and they have gotten messed up.

Most of them (in that section) are only 120px wide so they are trying to stretch…which is why they look odd.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.