Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Help in forum design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vadikcoma
    Participant

Hello guys, I’m starting a Tesla forum in Latvia and I need some professional advice on styling my BBPress forum.

Here is link to my site – https://www.teslaclub.lv/, I will really appreciate your time and effort if you could give me some CSS tips on this website to look nice.

Thanks

I.m.learning
    Participant

Why does the car only appear when the browser is minimized?

You should make the Tesla image smaller, and keep it to the upper left of the image with the car (see *1, below) and make that image responsive so it becomes smaller and not have the car hidden when maximized.

*1- I am using an image inside my a tag to show the user it is an outside link, for example, in my “About me,” I am using a link to Amazon for a book I wrote. To style this, I am using

a[title~=amazon]:after{display:inline-block;width:20px;height:20px;content:" ";background:url(???.png)no-repeat 0 0;
    background-size:120%;margin:0 0 -5px 3px;}

Move the “hamburger” icon [navigation] UNDER that image discussed. That way your image banner, with the Tesla icon, is not obscured by the icon when minimized.

Otherwise, there is nothing bad about the design, if you want to change the color of the div containers, ID them; in your CSS, refer to that particular div and change the background color.
    #div1{background-color: ??;}

vadikcoma
    Participant

Thank you for your feedback! I’ve changed images slightly, great point about the car.

I’m very concern about forum and single topic design. At the moment it looks quite rubbish to me. I was looking to create something like this – https://www.makeupgeek.com/forums/ however I need my sub-forums to be displayed on main page.

Single topic looks awesome – https://www.makeupgeek.com/forums/topic/new-salon/ as well as stats on top of each forum and topic. How they did that?

I.m.learning
    Participant

I had created the entire site in 30 seconds. I am unsure exactly how they did this. I use Windows 10 and clicked my F12 to open their code and copied it to a new.html file. My trick, for immediate help, is to copy the code and remove all irrelevant codes. Before I do this, however, I try to examine what codes are relevant to the section I am removing.

What is left is everything I need to place into my own pages.

Since they are using absolute paths, everything except the images show up. It looks as if they are using a get/post JavaScript. I truly wish my college taught me more about the concepts rather than just introducing them.

The moderators on here know more about this than I do. Sorry I could not provide more.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.