Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help Dropping Tables

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ShaneM

I’m working on a re-launch of my existing website. The backend has been all recoded and I’m in the midst of coming up with the front end design.

The first layout example I came up with has a portion I’d like to use in the news design, but I’m not sure how to get rid of the tables I used.

It’s the news section (http://ecn.eyecravedvd.com) underneath the light green boxes. (the colors are only there as visual aids so I knew were I was putting stuff.

The new design example is much better, but I’m not sure I can create the right bar and the news blocks to be pure CSS.

It’s located here http://ecn.eyecravedvd.com/test

ShaneM

I guess I should have posted the correct link.

I’ve done some of it, but I’m not sure how I’m going to center what’s going to be a flash rotating box beside the news. For whatever reason the text I put in there is pushed to the bottom.

It’s the same code I used to make the 2 columns for the content and the right side bar.

Argeaux
    Participant

I just checked your /test website. But what exactly is the problem, cuz i don’t really get what you are trying to do.

ShaneM

Essentially, the image below has what I’m attempting to do. It’ll be a flash script that will rotate the latest reviews for each section. I just want to be able to center it, but I’m not sure how. I’ve tried a bunch of stuff, but it breaks the layout.

I’m still raw when it comes to CSS only layouts.

Thanks

Argeaux
    Participant

Are you trying to center it only horizontal or also vertical?

this will do the trick if its only horizontal if i am correct:

Code:
    .latest_reviews { margin-left: 340px; padding: 0; text-align:center;}
    ShaneM

I want it centered in the block. So both vertical and horizontal. The latter which you have solved.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.