Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help creating a blog. :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    firelight

Hey,
    My name’s Bhanu, and I’m from India. I’m 19 years old, and I’m currently pursuing law. I used to fiddle around with photoshop and html back in school, and I’m eager to get back into it, and definitely learn more, as more than anything, its something that interests me.

A very good friend of mine has her birthday on the 4th of January, and she’s into blogging. Thus, I’m thinking of setting her up with a domain, hosting and more importantly I’d like to create a blog for her; that’s my idea of a birthday gift for her.

I’ve been browsing through css-tricks and I’ve found it to be a very interesting site, and if someone could link me up to a tutorial as to how to make a basic blog, it’d be much appreciated.

And, I do intend to stick around here. :)

davidlab.be
    Participant

The best adice I can give you is to use WordPress. You will not find a shortage of help for it on the web and there are plenty of resources….also free.
    check this out http://codex.wordpress.org/New_To_WordPress_-_Where_to_Start
    Welcome and enjoy the journey.
    PS. best second peace of advice….don’t let it frustrate you if you struggle….because you will struggle. The best way to learn is to make the mistakes. We all do it!

firelight

Thank you.

Kortschot

check out these screens Chris made:

Designing for WordPress part 1
    Designing for WordPress part 2
    Designing for WordPress part 3

Or check the tuts Chris made for Lynda.

If these won’t help, nothing will. =)

firelight

Hey, thanks a ton for the links, the videos are really helpful!

Contact me via forum message. I have some more downloadable videos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.