Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Help aligning twitter feed in WP Text Widget

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    analogmonkey
    Participant

Any idea how I can left align the tweet text in my twitter feed that’s in the footer? I’ve managed to customise everything else but can’t seem to get it to left align.

http://goo.gl/wPu1d

I’m using the widget from the twitter site, i’ve tried a few plugins but they seem a bit unreliable. If anyone can suggest a more suitable twitter plugin or script please let me know.

Cheers

TheDoc

Remove the left padding from here:

.twtr-widget .twtr-tweet-wrap {
    padding: 6px 8px;
    overflow: hidden;
    zoom: 1;
    }
    analogmonkey
    Participant

Ah ok thanks for that, any idea where I would edit this as it does not appear in the code in the text widget?

TheDoc

It’s being pulled in from an external stylesheet, by the looks of it. You’ll have to override it in your theme’s stylesheet.

analogmonkey
    Participant

I’ve got a css override panel in the theme, how would I go about applying the override?

As you noted previously this is the css but i’m not to sure how the override should appear in the override panel.

overflow-x: hidden;
    overflow-y: hidden;
    padding-bottom: 6px;
    padding-left: 8px;
    padding-right: 8px;
    padding-top: 6px;
    } {
    TheDoc

I have no idea what your ‘override’ panel is – never seen that before. Either it’s a feature of WordPress I’ve never bothered to look at or the theme’s developer has put it in manually.

You could do this:

padding-left: 0!important;
    }
    analogmonkey
    Participant

Ah that worked great thanks!

Yeah it’s put in by the theme developer keeps the overrides even when the theme is updated.

Cheers

Theinsiders

Hey guys,

I have a similar problem but I tried to copy in the suggested code (as below) into my style sheet but it still doesn’t seem to align the text on the twitter feed?

padding-left: 0!important;
    }

The code for the script is…

I’ve only just been learning how to code during this last week, so any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

TheDoc

@Theinsiders – it’s probably not working because those aren’t the class names used by your twitter widget. Try looking at the live website to see what class names your widget is using.

cheureaux

Trying to align my twitter feed at the bottom of my site. When I insert the codes suggested it hides the feed. sportsfannfl.com/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.