Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS header tag overlaps aligned image in IE7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    glenn_geiger

Hi All, and thanks for reading,

My issue is with an <h2> that runs over my image which has a class of .alignright or .alignleft. The behavior is correct in FF but IE7 makes the problem behavior.

The web page can be see here:
    http://horizon-solar.com/how-solar-power-works.html

When viewing the page in IE7, you ‘ll see that the <h2> tag runs on top of the image.

Any guesses?

Thanks!

Rob MacKay
    Participant

if you are using z-indexing make sure you have set a position:relative to the object you are trying to z-index.

you can use any position setting, absolute, fixed or relative – its just realtive is the passive one…

basically I added

position:relative;
    z-index:10;

to the <a href> with the images tags inside them… give it a go… you might want to set a class for those specific <a> tags… :)

glenn_geiger

Thanks Rob!

That did it. I added a class for those images and it’s good as gold. I wasn’t using z-index, except in a separate style sheet that handles the top nav bar. I don’t grasp why these elements needed to be z-indexed for one browser and not the other. Is this a hack, or was IE showing the correct behavior?

Thanks again.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I wouldnt say it was really a hack, its just FF can be more forgiving that IE most of the time. Because your image links appeared first in the tree, they are obviously going to go underneath anything else that comes after them.

glenn_geiger

That makes good sense. And now I’ll know to use z-index to control how the page is layering it’s objects.

Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.