Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Header HELP!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    msmarti
    Participant

Can anyone tell me how to fix my header so that the sides line up with the header? I don’t want to move the header down, I want to bring the sides up. You will see what I mean when you go to my page. Thanks!!

frugalwallets.com

bluce

msmarti,

if you’re talking about the white bar extending across the page (your background image) you will need to edit the background image and shorten the height of the white bar, or just set a height, or padding bottom to the nav div to equal out the white.

I hope this helps you out a little.

Paulie_D

To be honest, I’d think about re-structuring the whole thing as it seems unnecessarily complicated markup & structure to me.

I think you could lose a few background images with a couple more wrapper divs. It might lighten the page-weight too!

standuncan

I would really think about restructuring the site as well. Page load times are slooowwww… however, if you want a simple quick fix, just modify the background-image to match the layout. Cut off a few pixels (~7px) of the white top of the image or adjust the background position.

msmarti
    Participant

How do I write it if I did this: you could set the background-position of the body background-image to 50% -7px

msmarti
    Participant

Thank you so much…..every time your suggestions always work well on my site!!!!!

msmarti
    Participant

Can you tell me why I am seeing this? I am trying to leave an email and its asking for word verification but I cant see the letters…I get this box instead.

msmarti
    Participant

I can see how this fixes it in Firebug but when I go to my CSS I dont see it.

body {
    background-attachment: scroll;
    background-image: url(“http://frugalwallets.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/header-fw-bg9.png”);
    background-position: center -7px; */ <-- change here */
    background-repeat: repeat-x;

standuncan

It’s not inside your CSS, it is inside the <head> of your document, so i would suggest looking for it in the document named “header.php” and modify it there. You can remove it from there and then add it into your CSS style sheet if you’d like, I would. However if you keep it both places, due to localization, the CSS embedded in your document will overpower and rule.

msmarti
    Participant

I have no idea what you are referring to…..i am using WordPress and I don’t see anything that says header php. lol

standuncan

Are you using a theme or are you modifying the default theme or ?

Try:
    root folder > wp-content > themes > (your theme name) > header.php

It may not be there depending on how you have your site setup?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it probably isn’t there. Where are you editing your CSS, in what document?

msmarti
    Participant

I just go into my WordPress dashboard and click on Editor and it displays the CSS

msmarti
    Participant

This is how it looks when after I click on EditorYour text to link…

standuncan

Oh ok. Well I’m not for sure where it would be coming from then, because you are just editing:

root folder > wp-content > themes > (your theme name) > style.css

Out of curiosity, what does it say right above the editing window? It should say something like:
    “Twenty Eleven: Stylesheet (style.css)”

You still might want to check where I said just in case?

msmarti
    Participant

Lifestyle Child Theme: Stylesheet (style.css)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.