Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS head brick wall bang!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stevedeer

This is killin’ me.

http://www.murdersupplies.com/mybloodyreview.html

At the bottom of my page, I’m trying to get the ‘Credits:’ title to bold. I’ve tried the simple inline

tag… and also created a span class, but it just doesn’t want to bold up.

Steve Deer

My bloody review! This is the 2011 online review of Steve Deer; Art Director and Designer at McCann Manchester.

List your main achievements over the past twelve months.

Over the past twelve months I have had a fine art photo achieve "People's Choice Winner" in the Canon Professional Network photography competition.

The same image achieved a "Highly Commended" in Landscape Photographer of the Year 2011, published in the book, and exhibited at the National Gallery in London.

I have published a personal project in the form of a 24 page newspaper "Unposed", a collection of unposed street photography.

Also, I have advanced much further digitally, particularly in web development... CSS, HTML and jQuery. I have coded and launched my own web site (www.stevedeer.co.uk) showcasing my photography, and set up another site for experimenting with web typography and Javascript (www.murdersupplies.com).

I have no achievements to speak of with regard to my position as senior art director on the Aldi account.

What areas could you improve on
    to be even better at what you do?

The inefficient way at which we work on the Aldi account needs to improve for me to become better at what I do. There is too much disinformation, repetitive updates, amends and changes. We need to start at getting the brief right and signed off!

What support would you need to achieve this
    improvement (coaching, training, technology etc).

As above, I don't need any training. The system needs to improve. Hopefully the ALLI initiative will help.

What else would you like to discuss at your review?
    (Career progression, objectives, development etc).

Career progression: I don't expect to progress any further in my career within the agency.

Objectives: My objectives are to work across all media, all delivery platforms and across all disciplines. I have always been an 'all rounder', but I don't expect to achieve this at McCann as people are quickly 'pigeon-holed'.

Training and development: All my training is undertaken on my own initiative, in my own time, and payed for by myself. I see it as 'investing in my own future'. I have never had any help or support from the agency, even though I have listed my training requirements in all previous Performance Reviews, but they have never been acted upon.

Do you have any feedback for your manager
    or the Agency in general?

Things have improved greatly since Carol came on board, but there is still a long way to go in terms of improving the way we work.

Credits:
    This online Performance Review has been brought to you via murdersupplies.com The digital development space and CSS playground of Steve Deer. Headline: 80pt on 100pt Museo Sans Rounded Extra Bold. Subhead: 20pt on 35pt Museo Sans Rounded Extra Bold. Body copy: 20pt on 25pt Museo Sans Rounded Light

stevedeer

cheers andy… sorted!!!

Paulie_D

Frankly, I think I’d be using ‘header’, ‘section’ & ‘footer’ for a lot of this and then have an ‘h1’ for each section.

Much easier to target without using strange class names or using a lot of spans.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.