Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Having Problems Getting The Comments To Work With Page.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ThisIsCraig

Hello,

I’m working on a site currently, and I’m trying to integrate a WordPress blog into it. I’ve accomplished everything for the most part. I’ve followed Chris’ screencast on adapting a page into WordPress, which has helped a lot. Everything is working and looking good except for when you go click on a post title or click on the link to view the comments for the post.

When you go to view the comments, the page becomes broken. Everything is there, but stuff gets messed up visually. I’ve been trying to figure it out for a while now today. I’ve been messing with the single.php and comments.php from the Starkers theme, but I haven’t had any luck with any of the things I’ve tried. It seems like it’s not going into the ‘content’ div I have properly.

The header.php holds the pagewrap, header div and nav div. Then the index.php holds the body div, which includes a content div. Then the sidebar.php holds the sidebar div, which floats left with the content div, and then closes the body div. Then, lastly, the footer.php holds the footer div and closes the page wrap and such.

The comments and such go in the content div. I opened the body div and content div in the single.php, and then close them at the end of comments.php. Something is going wrong somewhere though, but I can’t figure it out.

Thanks in advance for any help. I appreciate it.

Here’s a screenshot of the problem. The header and such are fine, they’re just cropped out of the image. Click it to view full size.

EDIT: Nevermind. Ended up figuring it out, haha. Not sure exactly what did it. Started over with the Starker files and kept fiddling with it, and it finally got around to working.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.