Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Having authorized users be able to edit a page.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pastor Bruce
    Participant

I am a novice, but am trying to find out how to create a snippet that would allow pre-authorized users to come in and edit a certain page on a site. For me to be able to understand it, it MUST be something like, “Code for Dummies”.
    Thank you for any info. about this.

Paulie_D

Welcome but we don’t write code for you, this is more of a “help you debug your own code” place and this is likely to be a lot more than a “snippet”.

It’s actually more likely to be complete ‘plug-in’ module for whatever CMS you are using.

You are using a CMS aren’t you…because you didn’t mention it?

If so, which one?

Pastor Bruce
    Participant

To build and maintain the site, I am using Frontpage 4.0, which is antiquated. I downloaded Joomla 3 but am having trouble getting it to work.

Paulie_D

Hmm…I’m assuming that you don’t have this functionality at the moment and so your’e not actually using a CMS at the moment?

As such, unless there is already a database at the back of your exiting site it’s going to be tough for us to help.

I’m sure there are people here with much more experience and familiarity with CMS’ to guide you towards a simpler option and an appropriate plug-in/module.

Folks…any thoughts?

chrisburton
    Participant

but am trying to find out how to create a snippet that would allow pre-authorized users

What do you mean by pre-authorized users?

Ryan MacIntosh
    Participant

I accomplish this, at least my interpretation of what you are trying to accomplish, by using a website developed with WordPress and the plugin ‘AAM – advanced access manager’

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.