Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Having a little trouble with a page scroll

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thadley
    Participant

Hey guys, I’ll start off by showing you the code:
    $('.mobile-submenu a').on('click', function(e){ var targetLink = $(this).attr('href').slice(1); var target = $('.body').find('header[id=' + targetLink + ']'); var targetOffset = target.offset().top; $('html, body').animate({ scrollTop: targetOffset}, 'slow'); e.preventDefault(); });

This code works perfectly fine when my browser is 100% width or for desktop resolutions. When I start to shrink it for tablets & phones, it still works but doesn’t stop at ID that I tell it too.

The ID’s are the section titles for the site. Instead of stopping right at the title, it continues a bit farther and then stops.

Any reason why it would do this? I’m using the same code for my call to action buttons and they work perfectly fine no matter what size the browser is.

Paulie_D

We’d need to see it in action but it sounds like a margin/padding at lower viewport size issue.

Do you have a link?

Thadley
    Participant

@Paulie_D Alright, give me a few minutes and ill upload it and post the link.

Thadley
    Participant

@Paulie_D Alrighty,

Here is the current version:
    Current version

Thadley
    Participant

Strange because if you actually test it on a phone, it works but within a browser window it doesn’t? lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.