Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS having a hard time with a layout help please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    micha

Hello everyone

right now i’m working on a new web site for a client and i already have the layout done:

http://www.urbanoarquitectonica.com/pla … ayout1.jpg

and i’m having a VERY hard time trying to figure it out how to build the html/css of the content part (the part with the border curves and the inside of it) so if anybody has an idea it would be very much apreciated

thanks

Raymi

ikthius

I would splice the image up and just make divs, not sure how many splices I would make, enough to make it work and look right mainly…

thats just how I would do it

TheDoc

Unfortunately, this really doesn’t help with the coding. It’s functionality stops at "splash page" level, so this particular page would be coded completely differently from the rest of the site.

[attachment=0]what-i-would-do.jpg[/attachment]

micha
    "TheDoc" wrote:
    Unfortunately, this really doesn’t help with the coding. It’s functionality stops at "splash page" level, so this particular page would be coded completely differently from the rest of the site.

[attachment=0]what-i-would-do.jpg[/attachment]

so let me see if i get this : you’re saying that the parts that have the blue borders are the div that i need for the markup and the other part i should make a swf file?

TheDoc

haha pretty sure I didn’t mention .swf once.

I’m saying that because it’s such a specific page, the red highlighted areas would be <div>’s that have a specific height and width and would contain the background image.

Areas outlined with blue border would simply be content (absolute positioned lists, divs, etc).

If this is too complicated for you to understand, it’s probably too complicated a project to undertake. I’m all for helping out beginners, but not so much when they have paying clients that could (and should) be giving their money to someone that knows what they’re doing.

micha
    Quote:
    If this is too complicated for you to understand, it’s probably too complicated a project to undertake. I’m all for helping out beginners, but not so much when they have paying clients that could (and should) be giving their money to someone that knows what they’re doing.

thank you very much for the help :D i didn’t get it the first time cause i’m from Peru and my understanding for english sometimes confuses me specially since is my first time here on the forums :oops:

Actually i didn’t say this before cause i thought it wasn’t neccesary: the reason why i took this project was because it’s a simulation of a real-life client for my final exam on web design school so it’s not REALLY a paying client and also it’s not like i can refuse to do it haha

anyway thanks again for the help hope to talk to you soon and sorry if i make you think that i was a dork :oops:

TheDoc

You needn’t be afraid to say that you are in school!

In fact, by letting us know that you’re in school, you’ll probably get simplified answers.

raymondselda

Hello Micha,

This one can be tricky but it can be done. I wrote an article on how I would approach converting this layout. It’s not the whole thing but I hope it will give you some idea.

http://www.raymondselda.com/creative-us … ed-layout/

Thanks and good luck.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.