Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Having a hard time getting css to work without modifying HTML on drop down menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    satearn
    Participant

I’m trying to get a menu to work properly, but having a hard time nailing down the code in chrome dev tool because they are :hover, :focus and :active.

Site is:

http://www.dev.wearelao.com

And I want to emulate the behavior in the “Destinations” menu item to the “Things to do” menu item, but for some reason can’t get my head around it…and if I do, the class “nav menu” also affect the footer menu.

Paulie_D

A minimal demo in Codepen.io that we can experiment with the HTML CSS is preferable to a link.

Also :hover, :focus and :active. can be activated in Developer Tools…at least they can in Chrome.

And I want to emulate the behavior in the “Destinations” menu item to the “Things to do” menu item, but for some reason can’t get my head around it…and if I do, the class “nav menu” also affect the footer menu.

I’m not sure what difference you are seeing nor can I see any changes to the footer menu.

You need to be precise about what should happen and what is actually happening.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.