Forums

• # June 22, 2011 at 3:32 am

Left a day job for a side-project you thought would work out and minor freelance work?

# June 22, 2011 at 4:04 am

Nope. I have called in ‘sick’ on a day job to finish off freelancing work though….does that count? ;-)

I almost did leave once for a side project but the guy who’s idea it was chose a more experienced developer.

# June 22, 2011 at 4:58 am

Haha it does count :P

What would you have done for income? I’m thinking about doing this but I want to make sure I know all the pros and cons before I decide.

# June 22, 2011 at 12:05 pm

You’ll want to set up a solid base before you venture into the void.

Have lots of money saved up. Have a few projects lined up already. Start talking to everyone you know about services that you offer.

I work full-time for a web development company and I’m not itching to leave just yet, but the freedom of freelancing or working with a new company will pull me away at some point.

# June 24, 2011 at 5:23 pm

I’ve debated every now and then of quitting my job to work on my own projects or other projects as part of a team. If there were a project I thought would really take off and that I couldn’t work effectively at while also doing my job, I would think it over.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

icon-anchoricon-closeicon-emailicon-linkicon-logo-staricon-menuicon-nav-guideicon-searchicon-staricon-tag