Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Has anyone moved recurring customers from one system to another?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant

I’m doing some research on this and I’m curious if anyone has crossed this bridge and how they did it. Right now, a company has a really, really clunky online store that handles recurring subscriptions (x amount of dollars gets charged every month for a product that ships out). They want to upgrade to something more user friendly and feature rich, but what I’m stuck at is the part where you actually move these customers over. We want it to be as seamless as possible and not force the users to completely re-register while also continuing to be charged and receive the monthly products.

I was thinking that maybe we could carry those transactions over because they are already authorized to get billed on an ongoing basis via Authorize.net but I’ve heard that sometimes the authorization is stored as a token in the database of the website pushing the transaction up.

Or are we in a situation where we’re likely going to have to force people to re-enter all their billing information again?

Alen
    Participant

where you actually move these customers

Your local database should keep the information about the user along with the token that associates the user with billing service.

We want it to be as seamless as possible and not force the users to completely re-register

Talk with the current billing service about migrating. Also talk to the service you’re moving to. They should be your number one resource to start.

Check out this video to get a sense of how this stuff works (Laravel/Stripe specific implementation) http://youtu.be/k9KKjxEq0Lg?t=15m

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.