Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Has ANYONE here used flexbox in production?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nixnerd
    Participant

I’m really curious. I cannot wait to use this regularly and I want to know if anyone has successfully used it in production.

nixnerd
    Participant

Re-ordering is nice… but SO MANY other problems can be solved with flexbox too! I’m really tempted to use it for a client project… which requires to some degree an OOCSS approach. Like, elements need to be completely agnostic to many, many things. Complicated grid frameworks just don’t really work all that well for the type of rapid prototyping we need.

It looks like with some weaving together, I can get support for flexbox down to ie10… not terrible, but not great either.

I remember people saying this time last year that flexbox was just a year away from being production ready. Seems like it’s still not. When in the world can we start using this instead of hacky grid frameworks??

Note: SCSS + Flexbox is really, really amazing. With a few quick mixins, you can hand roll a grid framework that meets every single need you have. Equal height blocks and DOM order (although the order doesn’t REALLY change in the DOM… same result though) that used to take quite a bit of JS become trivial and easy.

I might just have to use flexbox.

__
    Participant

Sounds like it comes down to whether or not the client finds IE10+ acceptable.

nixnerd
    Participant

Sounds like it comes down to whether or not the client finds IE10+ acceptable.

Si senor. The ever present balancing act has to give way in at least one area. Based on the other things requested… I’m going to say this is the area where I’ll have the least resistance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.