Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Hand coding or Dreamweaver

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    InaErika

Hi everyone,

i just got asked to do my first web site and i am pretty nervous since i am fairly new to web design. I have been taking online classes and read books for the past 1 1/2 years and think i have the basics down. (html &Css)

Now my question is:
    Should i build my first site in Dreamweaver or hand code it instead? Any suggestions?

i hand coded pretty much all of my school assignments but also know how to use dreamweaver as well.
    I also was wondering if anyone would like to share their experience on building their first site.

TheDoc

Hand code. Hand code. Hand code.

The junk that DW spits out will cause you problems.

HOWEVER, it’s frustrating that people always just consider DW to be a drag and drop program. I do all of my coding in DW (mostly because it comes with the CS, but still).

vroooomtech

I’d also go with handcode. It will help you out in the long run, and will make you a better developer.

Also, if you’ve been studying html and css / design for over a year, don’t be so nervous. Just go ahead and jump in and start on this first site.

InaErika

Thank you everyone for the advice. i have to admit that i feel a little bit more comfortable coding by hand since i have learned early on that if i make a mistake it’s a little harder for me to correct it.
    also thank you for the encouragement to jump right in. You learn out of your mistakes right?!

vroooomtech
    "InaErika" wrote:
    Thank you everyone for the advice. i have to admit that i feel a little bit more comfortable coding by hand since i have learned early on that if i make a mistake it’s a little harder for me to correct it.
    also thank you for the encouragement to jump right in. You learn out of your mistakes right?!

Indeed. I mean seriously, I learned HTML when I was in the 5th grade by just designing extremely terrible little sites. It’s stuck with me though and I’m now halfway through my first year of college.

Just go for it. Start making sites for friends that may need them, or even a hobby site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.