Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS HALP! Any ideas on this CSS IE7 issue?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cheriana
    Participant

I’m wondering if someone can help me solve an issue. I’ve implemented the AnythingSlider into my project and fiddled around a bit with the CSS to get it to look the way I want. Everything works beautifully in firefox & IE 8, but IE 7 is giving me a headache! The last li slide appears first and the navigation arrow links are disabled. I have a feeling it has something to do with my absolute positioning in the CSS, but can’t figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks!

See demo here: http://cheriana.com/umaprojects/umastart/mbc/test.html

Olo

Did you check HasLayout issues?

ImpInaBox

Quickly looking at your page I can see that it has lots of elements with the same id (id=”right”, id=”left” etc). Might not be causing your problem but it’s invalid HTML and I’d always go for valid HTML as a starter in tracking cross browser problems.

cheriana
    Participant

Added this:

but still isn’t working in IE 7.

Originally, each slide was a separate html file hence the multiple #right and #left divs. Went back and changed those all over to classes instead of ids, but still no change.

The correct first slide shows in IE7, it’s just the .slidenumber that displays the last li and seems to disable the arrows.

Olo

Must be a z-index ie7 issue
    When you put the arrows at “top:180″+;you can check that the links are active.
    Try messing with “z-index” of parents element

Olo

There is more than one bug.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.