Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other guys give me some feedback…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I’m working for renowned oraganization, always design and code what my clients want…..

First time i do what i really want…..I love abstract ..colors …sketch…

Thats why i do a liitle experiment with my personal web page, trying my best to make it look appealing to the viewers.

Can you guys give me some feedback on it…and tell me how i’m doing.

http://www.champion.info/creativeideas

I like your site its very creative and unique.

thank you so much for your feedback

ikthius

my eyes hurt

hey,
    why u saying that your eyes hurt…????????? :shock:

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Im sure I replied to this… must have gotten eaten…

I like the picture inside, but I think the background image is a little too much, I would take that out and change the way it works. Maybe use a subtle repeating bg.

Also the slider with your content in – I wouldnt have the background the same as the background its sliding over, it makes it look a little broken – maybe have a think about that too.

Thats it :D

thanks rob i will definitely go through it….

keirk

Yes the outer box bg is a little too much…

I’m not sure about the "combat" style font face used for the "creative ideas" … but thats me.

Overall 7 outta 10.

As I was going through it I was finding it very hard to find anything wrong with it. Other than this – you should keep your art on one page, so if you were to remove the art from the background, and keep it simple – say just a gradient-filled gray box with a white surround?

Something like that would keep the focus on the content.

I do like the overall design though!

thanks tom for ur suggestion

Ronnie

Hey,

I like the design, very nice. I have just oe small suggestion, remove the outline around the two navigational arrows, using:

outline: 0;

Other than that very nice.

hey ronnie i used ur suggestion thnks a ton… :D

kevsyers
    Participant

Hope I’m not to late to the party. I have a suggestion that kinda gets to me.

On your projects page I wouldn’t necessarily try to use the entire image for that small thumbnail. Maybe do a cropping of a section of the website or piece that stand out. For instance maybe the logo or something in the design that is striking.

Also look into setting up a contact page with areas for people to fill out. This appears to be more professional.

I am glad to see you broke out of the normal flow of structure websites tend to be leaning toward these days.

hi kevseyrs thanks for ur freedback i use a simple form in contact us page….and other one will be uploaded soon..
    thnks a ton :D

Ronnie

One more very small thing I have noticed mate, how about adding a favicon. You see how here on Chris’ site he uses an asteriks type thing which appears in the address bar, on tabs whithin your browser and in bookmarks.

You can do this by adding something like so in your <head>:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico">

When you create it in your image editor, make it 16 x 16 px and be sure to save it as type .ico

Hope this helps mate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.