Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Gulp: Command not found (it's installed!)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Steven
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m in the middle of moving over some current WordPress projects to a newly used MacBook. I have two projects that I built using the FoundationPress starter theme for WordPress. Those use gulp and I can run npm run watch just fine, which starts the gulp tasks just fine.

The project I’m working on now is a smaller WordPress site that I used to try out Timber. On my old iMac I had it setup with my own package.js and gulp.js files and it worked just fine. I copied everything over and got the WordPress site working, then I removed the node_modules dir so I could run npm install again to get everything linked together. Okay, that works fine. But then when I try to run gulp, it says command not found.

I thought maybe it’s because I’m using a newer version of npm on the macbook. So I used nvm to switch to v4.x (which is what I was using on the iMac), and reinstalled npm for the project, but I get the same results.

So: gulp works in FoundationPress WordPress themes, but not my custom Timber theme. What would cause this?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.