Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Grab data and display it in a form on the same page?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    synic

Alright, so lets say I have 4 divs that contain 4 different span tags. Inside these span tags there will be information that I want to put into a form. However, the information in the span tags only appears after the user begins and the ends the timer (i am using javascript/jquery to create timers to display the amount of time between when the start and stop buttons are pressed).

After stop is pressed, the time is inserted into the respected span tag. Once every timer has been started and stopped, I want to be able to grab the four separate times and put them in a form that will show up later on (with the use of some jquery).

Note that all of this is on the same page. I don’t want to submit anything until these timers have been used. I’m just wanted to fill in the form at this point.

I feel like this might be easier than I think, but I cannot figure out how to do this. There has to be a way to set a php variable to the name attribute of a specific html tag. For example, if one of my span tags has the name "time1", can I do: $firstTime = param(‘time1’); or something of the like?

Thank you and I hope I explained this okay.

synic

Figured out my problem :D

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.