Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Google search on wordpress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hal8

Good evening all.

Can anyone please help me out. I am trying to add a google search to my wordpress site, but im having difficulties on the results bit.

The results will show on a different page,(iframe) so i put http://www.mysite.com/search as the link for the landing results page. And then type in googles code on search.php file. But when i try and test it on the site, it goes to the 404 page.

Ive done this before on a static site with no worries but im struggling with WordPress.

hal8

Hey. Thanks for the reply. Yeah i found out to do it that way, but is that the only way to do it ?

Because on the result page i dont want to include the side bar

TheDoc

*Off the top of my head:

You can copy page.php and create a new template called search-results.php, remove the sidebar from it, and use that template for the new page you’ve created.

hal8

Ok. Cheers guys. I’ll try your suggestions this afternoon, when i get back from work :D

hal8

Ha. I hardly know anything about WordPress so took me a while but it is all sorted now.

Cheers for the help. :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.